Every time I walk past the little tubs of blueberries in Woolworths, I think “Blueberry Muffins” and then looking at the price, I pass. I have a
Plum recipe book that stands open
on my kitchen counter and guess what recipe it is open on, “Lemon and Blueberry
Scones”. Everything has been shouting,
buy the blueberries, so I did.
I however decided not to make the scones as they looked a bit like rock cakes in the photograph and blueberry muffins sounded oh so nicer.
So here you go:
Blueberry Muffins Recipe
100g Butter, melted
250g Self-raising Flour
125g Caster Sugar
Pinch of Salt
150 g Blueberries (I did not add sugar to my tub of blueberries. I would like to think that these muffins are slightly healthy with the lovely fresh blueberries. Frozen blueberries can be used if you wish)
1. Preheat oven to 180°C.
2. Grease approximately 12 muffin cases placed into a muffin baking tin.
3. Beat the egg and milk together, then mix in the melted butter.
4. Add the flour, castor sugar and salt. Mix with a blender and finally stir in the blueberries with a spoon. (You do not want crushed blueberries now do you?!)
5. Spoon into your muffin holders about just over ½ full.
6. Bake for about 15 minutes till nicely browned on top.
Eat warm and enjoy the burst of blueberries with each bite.
(Don’t pick the blueberries out; this is not a chocolate you are dissecting!)
Blueberries and Muesli
Muesli, a couple dollops’ of plain yoghurt, sprinkle blueberries on top of the yoghurt, finally drizzle honey over the yoghurt and blueberries. This is a healthy way to start the day.