|BOTTLED STRAWBERRY JAM|
Making Strawberry and Plum Jam OR Plumberry Jam1. Wash the strawberries and remove the stems.
2. Weigh the fruit and use equivalent Sugar for fruit weight. (Eg 500g Sugar to 500g Fruit)
3. Place the fruit and sugar in alternate layers in a saucepan. Leave overnight.
4. Heat slowly, stirring occasionally, until all the sugar has dissolved. Do not boil before all the sugar has dissolved.
5. Boil for 20 minutes, turn of heat, blend with hand blender if finer jam is required.
6. Cook for further 10 minutes.
Test the jam. Jam should fall from spoon in flakes and not in separate drops.
Jam should be thick when cold.
PLUM JAMMethod as for Strawberry Jam.
PLUMBERRY JAMMethod as for Strawberry Jam. Can go half plums, half strawberries or even 2/3rds plums and 1/3rd strawberries.
When plum /Strawberry jam is made, the taste is sweet with a hint of strawberries, very nice!