Thursday, May 10, 2012
45ml (3Tbs) Cocoa
10ml (2 tsp) Baking Powder
15ml (1 Tbs) Lemon Juice
25ml (5 tsp) Water
200ml White Sugar
Chocolate butter icing:
Cream together 1/4 Cup butter, 1 Cup Huletts Icing Sugar & cocoa to desired colour.
Preheat the oven to 200C.
1. Grease and line a 22cm x 35cm Swiss roll pan.
2. Sift together the flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt.
3. Beat the eggs until light and foamy, then beat in the lemon juice and water. Add the sugar gradually and beat to dissolve. The mixture should be very thick and pale.
4. Sift the dry ingredients over the egg mixture and fold in lightly with a spatula.
5. Pour the batter along into the prepared tin. Level lightly if necessary.
6. Bake for 10 - 12 minutes, then turn out onto a slightly damp cloth and pull the paper off carefully. Cut off the crisp edges to make the rolling easier.
7. Roll up and wrap in the cloth. Leave for a minute or two, and then remove the cloth and allow to cool on a cooling tray. Spread a thin layer of the butter icing over the cake before rolling up again, and decorating as desired.
Here is a little story to go with my ever delicious Swiss Roll Cake.
I have always been a keen baker, my aim to always find the best chocolate cake recipe ever, the surprisingly quick and easy, yet delicious recipe, new recipes, new flavours and so on. Well, some years back, we talking about 13 years back, I tried out a Swiss Roll recipe and after the biscuity result, shelved making Swiss Roll for a long time. I then came across this recipe and said, "Swiss Roll Recipe, I'm going to conquer you!". Well I did and my Swiss Roll turns out absolutely light and super yummy.
You can fill it with freshly whipped cream, butter icing or quick and easy ready to use caramel.
Hope you try it out and have SUCCESS!!
Saturday, May 5, 2012
All of the photos of from moments over the month of April. The carrot cake was absolutely delish, want the recipe? I also crocheted a handbag, it's just a big granny square which you basically shape near the top. It is just so cute. Anyway, have a happy weekend, enjoy those moments, stopping the clock.... wonder if taking the batteries out my clock will help?
What programs do you use for making photo collages, please help me find the right one?