Thursday, January 23, 2014

Blueberry Muffins

Every time I walk past the little tubs of blueberries in Woolworths, I think “Blueberry Muffins” and then looking at the price, I pass.  I have a Plum recipe book that stands open on my kitchen counter and guess what recipe it is open on, “Lemon and Blueberry Scones”.  Everything has been shouting, buy the blueberries, so I did.

I however decided not to make the scones as they looked a bit like rock cakes in the photograph and blueberry muffins sounded oh so nicer.

So here you go: 

Blueberry Muffins Recipe




Ingredients:
1 Egg
200ml Milk
100g Butter, melted
250g Self-raising Flour
125g Caster Sugar
Pinch of Salt
150 g Blueberries (I did not add sugar to my tub of blueberries. I would like to think that these muffins are slightly healthy with the lovely fresh blueberries.  Frozen blueberries can be used if you wish)

1.      Preheat oven to 180°C.
2.      Grease approximately 12 muffin cases placed into a muffin baking tin.
3.      Beat the egg and milk together, then mix in the melted butter.
4.      Add the flour, castor sugar and salt.  Mix with a blender and finally stir in the blueberries with a spoon.  (You do not want crushed blueberries now do you?!)
5.      Spoon into your muffin holders about just over ½ full. 
6.      Bake for about 15 minutes till nicely browned on top.

Eat warm and enjoy the burst of blueberries with each bite. 

(Don’t pick the blueberries out; this is not a chocolate you are dissecting!) 

Blueberries and Muesli


Muesli, a couple dollops’ of plain yoghurt, sprinkle blueberries on top of the yoghurt, finally drizzle honey over the yoghurt and blueberries.  This is a healthy way to start the day.




No comments:

Post a Comment