Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Loving August

I love August not just because it's my birthday month but for many other reasons too.

·       I love August as it is a time of preparation for spring in the garden!  The shrubs, trees and roses need pruning and preening in preparation for the blooming and growing season that is waiting.  Shrubs need to be trained into their new growth and not be allowed to develop ugly scraggly tresses.  Perennials need to be divided and re-planted and annuals need to go in for a pretty show!

·       I love it that the sun is rising earlier and setting later.
·       I love the sound of the birds chattering and the sight of them getting active again.
·       I love observing all of creation as it waits in anticipation for spring, swelling buds on the trees and shrubs all ready to burst forth into a new song of joyous flourishment.
·       I love my garden in spring; it always has new little surprises for me and looks so pretty especially after the bland winter browns, bare trees and shrubs.
·       I love having my birthday in August; it’s right near the end of the month just before spring starts and I can wear something pretty and summery on the day.  It is usually always a warm, happy day!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
We celebrated “National Woman’s Day” yesterday being a public holiday and together with a days’ leave on Monday /schools being closed, resulted in a lovely long weekend.  It was lovely to have everyone at home doing their own little “pottering” but none the less together.
I had every intention of crocheting my way to my blankets end this weekend but got caught up in the lovely warm weather and gardening that I only had time to crochet in the evenings, thus it’s not the END of my blanket yet but very soon!!   I will definitely have it complete by my birthday on the 25th so "Watch this space!"

3 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for popping by my blog. What a lovely blanket you have there!

    Lisa x

    Knitty, Vintage and Rosy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohooee, is that a Rustica blanket? Love it, busy with one myself. Nice against the white background.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Stel, it is Rustica, love it! Lets see yours :-)

    ReplyDelete