Monday, March 7, 2011

New Doors and Blessings

It, the tea cosy craziness, all started long time ago when I purchased a crocheted tea cosy from a quaint little shop about two years ago, it was a dear price I paid and I felt I could make tea cosies too.  My only problem was that I had no idea how to crochet them like that as all the crocheting I had ever done was blocks!  I downloaded a couple of knitting patterns and managed to knit a few cute tea cosies for myself but in the back of my mind... always wondered how I would make a similar crocheted tea cosy. 
Anyway, when Sophie came to work for me in January this year, I saw she was busy crocheting a doily and gave her my purchased tea cosy with wool and asked her if she could fathom out the pattern as I wanted to learn how to crochet one.  About 2 days later, I checked in on her progress and she was still busy, but with her second tea cosy.  She came into the kitchen where I was and told me to look in my cupboard; I looked but didn’t see anything then looked again and there it was the first tea cosy she made was sitting on my tea pot.  I have subsequently been downloading patterns and gathering lots of inspiration from the internet.  I am hooked and loving it! I have crocheted four tea cosies, and lots of flowers.  It’s a new passion in my life as is the blog, 2011 has most certainly awakened new things for me.  Sophie also came into my life this year and she has been such a blessing to me and my family in fact, she has been part of our family for a long time as she worked for my sister for about 10 years so, we have known her for a long time. I look forward to what more 2011 holds but for now, I am content!  I hope 2011 also holds good and nice new things in store for you!

A scripture comes to mind here as I believe God wants to bless us and take care of us, we just need to stand back and we'll be able to count our blessings!  Enjoy your day and your blessings.
James 1:17 (New King James Version)
17 Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and comes down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shadow of turning.

No comments:

Post a Comment