Saturday, April 2, 2011

Cheesecake


 I quite love baked Cheesecake!  The thought of Cheesecake used to sound awful to me as did cream cheese icing for carrot cakes.  I have over the years come to enjoy the sweet tangy taste of Cheesecake and the lovely kiss, cream cheese icing gives to a carrot cake.  I do not make carrot cake often as it is not a favourite with everyone.  I guess it has to do with the fact that there are vegetables in the cake and a "cheesy" icing.

I found this Cheesecake recipe in one of my Ideas Magazines, it jumped out at me and thus the decision to bake it today. Strawberries are not in season at the moment and as I asked my husband to pop into the shop, I got a punnet of Blackberries instead.  The label reads "deliciously tasty and sweet"... they are anything but sweet even with icing sugar sprinkled on them.

I am very please with the result of the Cheesecake however there are just two things I need to change.
Firstly I need a deeper pie dish and secondly, I have to find strawberries or a can of sweetened apricots as a substitute.

1 comment:

  1. Looks very nice so please feeze a piece for me.
    Where do you find all the energy?

    ReplyDelete