Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Tried any new things lately?

When it comes to baking and cooking, I am always keen to try out a new recipe.  One of the things I have always considered baking but never tried was croissants.  They just looked too complicated and yeast was involved.  I think the thing with yeast is that you must be patient and need to wait for the dough to rise adequately.  I made the croissants and must say, I am impressed, and success it was!  Don’t think you can whip them up in a jiffy like scones, oh no, they need lots of resting and rolling time.
                            

I have started another tea cosy; I might just enter this one into a competition being run in the “Ideas” magazine.  Twenty Five finalists win entries into the magazine, hampers valued at "whatever" and the overall winner wins a trip away to a resort in Mozambique.  I would far rather have the money so that I could choose my destination but then I am not banking on winning.  As I have mentioned before, I am making the tea cosies for fun and if I can sell a few, great.  I do not want to crush the joy of it by it becoming another job!

No comments:

Post a Comment